Monday, February 23, 2009

Goodbye to all that

Something that comes with closing down an office, is throwing things out.

It can actually be quite therapeutic, throwing out the tonnes of paper that has accumulated over the years, the mounds of cds of paparazzi images, the old floppy disks - of which the contents will be forever unknown.

But it was distressing when I had to face the magazines. The 15 years of Vogue (American and British), the 12 years of Harper's Bazaar, Vanity Fair, Nylon, Elle. You name it, we had it. Decades of it. And it all had go. It was heartbreaking, but I tried to make it as quick and painless as possible...until I got to Vogue.

I piled them on my desk, grabbed a coffee and started with July 1993. I flicked through each issue, ripping out anything I thought was too good to have disappear forever before I put them, year by year, into the recycle bin.

Here are a just a few (if I had my way there would be hundreds) of my favourite images from Vogue's 1999-2003 fashion pages.

















No comments:

Post a Comment