Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Morning After the Night Before


Moving cities can be daunting, especially when your moving to New York city from out-of-the-way New Zealand. But, since I was 12-year-old, I have been devouring books, Vogue articles and movies about the magical city that is Manhattan, and for 10 years it has been my dream to live here and maybe, just maybe, land my dream magazine job.

So, after a stressful journalism and advertising degree, and one years worth of experience at New Zealand's only equivalent to Vogue, I convinced my boyfriend to uproot his modelling career from Milan and make the move to New York with me.

Five months later, with boyfriend and best friend (who's here for her summer holidays) in tow, here I am, waking up in New York. These are the tales of one girl's journey in the city that never sleeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment