Monday, April 27, 2009

Lotus Notes loves Kym Ellery


With a day to go before her SS10 collection shows at RAFW, I caught up with Kym Ellery - the effortlessly chic former Market Editor of Russh and designer behind her name-sake Australian label, E L L E R Y.

I would describe my personal style as relaxed and comfortable meets chic, and a bit boyish and tough.

I'm happiest when I'm having a mani/pedi with my lamb (stylist Ilona Hamer).

I couldn't live without my magazines, my record collection, my Delarenzo prescriptions range.

My friends call me Lamb, Ellery!, Toots, K-dog and K-bird.

Last thing I bought was an YSL ring and I'm saving for a Chanel 2.55 handbag.

If I was not a fashion designer I would be an interpretative dancer!

Describe yourself in three words
...free-spirited, driven and specific (that's a nice way to say bossy).

My style icons are Carine Roitfeld, Erin Wasson and Lara Stone.

Which item belongs in every women's wardrobe? An amazing, well-cut jacket. And accessories are key!

Can you predict a trend that might be coming up in a couple of months? I'm actually really interested to see what people do over the next week! People are a lot more savvy now and Australian designers are more on par with trends from Milan, Paris and London.

We'd find you in Sydney...at my Redfern studio (I'm telling you, Redfern is the new Surry Hills), at gallerys, bookshops and in bed.

In five years I hope to be designing and showing in London, Milan or Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment